Skinny Jeans Food's Note:
a master recipe by originally Giada Di Laurentiis, scaled down to a single serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate or 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 3/4 cup really good swiss chocolate
- 1 cup fresh slivered almonds
- 1 cup baby amaretti cookie (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated orange peel
- 4 large organic eggs
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9-inch springform pan the nonstick spray. Refrigerate. Heat the chocolate in a double boiler until melted and smooth.
- 3Combine the almonds and cookies in processor. Pulse until the almonds and cookies are finely ground. Transfer the nut mixture to a medium bowl. Add the butter and sugar to the processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Add the grated orange peel and pulse briefly, until incorporated. Add the eggs 1 at a time. Blend until the eggs are incorporated. Clean the sides of the mixing bowl and blend again. Add the nut mixture and melted chocolate. Pulse until blended. Clean the sides of the bowl. Blend again.
- 4Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the center puffs and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
- 5Transfer the cake to a platter. Sift the cocoa powder over and serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Amaretto Cake
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 12.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: