Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A mouthwatering cake with a delightful harmony of flavours!
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 ounces butter or 4 ounces margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup sour milk or 1⁄2 cup sour soymilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar, butter, oil.
- Add eggs, vanilla, amaretto and buttermilk, Mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, salt, cocoa and baking soda.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, blending until smooth either with whisk (about 5 min) or electric mixer (about 3 min).
- Pour into greased & floured bundt pan, and bake for 50 min or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes before carefully unmolding.
- Dress as you like, whether sprinkled with icing sugar, or drizzled with icing and sprinkled with chopped almonds.
This is a good cake! Made exactly as instructed, using sour milk as I didn't have any buttermilk. When I took the cake out of the oven , you could see where the middle had sunk in , not sure why that happened, but it sure didn't affect the taste any :) I used just a dusting of confectioners sugar , personally I don't think icing would be good on this , I think it would be a bit over the top ... Great with a fresh cup of coffee which is how I ate my first piece!! :) Thanks so much for posting LeeLoo! Made for Chef-I-Am Cake-a-thon.
This is a good cake! I had the same problem Marlene had, it sunk in some. On the cake platter it looked really small, I asked my husband if I should slice it & serve on a platter instead of the whole cake & he quickly agreed lol It is moist & flavorful. I used Almond Extract instead of Vanilla to give it a more nutty flavor. I dusted it with powdered sugar & toasted some sliced almonds & sprinkled on top & the sides. Am taking part to a project lunch & already shared part with my coworkers who all gobbled it down at 8am :)
This was very good, although I was a little disappointed that the amaretto flavor didn't come through as much as I was hoping it would. It was very moist though and overall a really decent cake!