Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love these bars, I love the taste of chocolate and amaretto, my aunt has been making these forever. I have no made them but she finally has given me the recipe!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (she has only used the amaretto)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) bag NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (you need 1 2/3 cups for recipe and the rest to drizzle on top of bars)
- For crust:.
- Beat flour, butter and brown sugar in large bowl until crumbly.
- Press into greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Filling:.
- Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, liqueur or extract, butter and cornstarch, in medium bowl with wire whisk.
- Stir in almonds and 1 2/3 cups morsels.
- Pour and spread over hot crust.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in pan to room temperature on wire rack.
- Take rest of morsels and melt in microwave or in double boiler on stove top and drizzle on top of bars.
- Let chocolate firm and bars cool and then cut into bars.