Recipe by Manami
I found this recipe on Meals for You - they look very easy and yummy.
Top Review by Irish Rose
I chose these cookies for the Cookie Jar Bake-Off and was very glad that I did. They were easy to make and had a wonderful amaretto flavor. I cooked them for 35 minutes. My husband said that he would like the almonds to be chopped rather than ground and suggested that more cocoa be added to increase the chocolate taste. I loved the taste as it was, but had some difficulty getting them to cut without crumbling.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter 8 inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter & sugar in a bowl until creamy.
- Add next 3 ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in Amaretto & ground almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until just set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.