Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good Food Magazine, January 2007. Gooey and crunchy.
- 7 1⁄8 ounces butter, plus extra for pans
- 7 1⁄8 ounces chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 7 1⁄8 ounces dark muscovado sugar
- 4 7⁄8 ounces ground almonds
- 7⁄8 ounce plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 10 amaretti
- 5 tablespoons double cream
- 4 7⁄8 ounces golden syrup
- 3 1⁄2 ounces bar chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- salted almond, brittle
- chocolate curls
- Heat oven to 180C/gas(356ºF)and put on a full kettle.
- Have a large roasting tin ready.
- Butter 10 squares of foil, each about 5 7/8 x 5 7/8". Butter 10 x 6 3/4 oz mini pudding pans, dust with flour, then tap out the excess.
- Cut 10 small circles of baking paper to fit the bottoms and drop one into each tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a pan, heating gently and stirring every so often.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs and sugar into a large bowl and whisk with electric beaters for 10 mins, or until the mix is thick and foamy and holds a trail for a few seconds.
- Mix the ground almonds, flour and baking powder together.
- Splash 1 tbsp amaretto over the biscuits.
- Fold the cooled chocolate mix into the whisked egg and sugar using a large metal spoon.
- Follow with the flour mix, then work in the amaretto.
- Fill the pans one-third full, then drop in an amaretti biscuit and top up with mix, leaving a 3/8" gap between the top of the mix and the edge of the pans.
- Loosely scrunch a foil square over the top of each pan.
- Put the pans in the roasting pan and pour hot water around - it should come about halfway up the sides of the puddings.
- Bake for 30 mins, then insert a skewer into one; a few damp crumbs should stick to the skewer - you don't want the puds to be totally dry.
- Meanwhile, make the fudgy sauce.
- Melt all of the ingredients together in a heavy-based pan, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Set aside.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 2 days,then reheat on the hob or in the microwave on High for 1 minute
- SERVE AND DECORATE:.
- Turn onto plates and spoon over some of the sauce, allowing it to ooze over the edges.
- Sprinkle with shards of salted almond brittle & chocolate curls.
- Serve right away.