Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
When I was first served this I thought a crushed cookie pie filling would be weird, but it was delicious!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup crushed amaretti cookie
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Cut in shortening with pastry cutter or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add water; mix until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a 14-inch circle.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with dough; crimp edges and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, sugar, crushed cookies, cocoa, milk, butter, eggs, coffee, almond extract, baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Mix well and pour into pie shell.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until set.
- Serve with whipped cream.