1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious cake, from Rachel's Food For Living. Rachel gives 35 minutes baking time in her book, it takes a bit longer in my oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- 2Line the base of a 20cm-diameter springform tin with greaseproof paper and butter the sides.
- 3Melt the chocolate in a bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water.
- 4Place the amaretti biscuits, almonds, sugar and orange zest in a food processor, then whizz until the biscuits and almonds are almost finely ground .(not too fine).
- 5Add the butter and eggs, whizz until blended, then add the melted chocolate and briefly whizz again until well combined.
- 6Pour into the prepared tin and pop straight in the oven.
- 7Cook for 35-45 minutes until the cake is puffed and slightly cracked around the edges.( test with a skewer after 35 minutes, it should come out clean)
- 8Remove and leave to sit for 15 minutes before carefully transferring to a plate.
- 9The top is quite crisp, and cracks easily, dust it with lots of icing sugar or cocoa powder before serving, to hide any imperfections.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Amaretti Cake (Rachel Allen)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.4
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 103.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of