Recipe by Boomette
This is very good. This is a cake that is completely different from any other cakes. The texture is really different. I'm never disappointed by the recipes of Giada.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 177.44 ml bittersweet chocolate or 177.44 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml slivered almonds
- 56.69 g amaretti cookies (1 cup, the baby size)
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml orange peel (grated)
- 4 large eggs
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan the nonstick spray.
- Microwave the chocolate until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds, for about 1 minute.
- Combine the almonds and cookies in processor.
- Pulse until the almonds and cookies are finely ground.
- Transfer the nut mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add the butter and sugar to the processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add the grated orange peel and pulse briefly, until incorporated.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time.
- Blend until the eggs are incorporated.
- Clean the sides of the mixing bowl and blend again.
- Add the nut mixture and melted chocolate.
- Pulse until blended.
- Clean the sides of the bowl.
- Blend again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the center puffs and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a platter.
- Sift the cocoa powder over and serve.