1/1 Photo of Chocolate Amaretti Cake
This is very good. This is a cake that is completely different from any other cakes. The texture is really different. I'm never disappointed by the recipes of Giada.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate or 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 ounces amaretti cookies (1 cup, the baby size)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange peel (grated)
- 4 large eggs
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9-inch springform pan the nonstick spray.
- 4Microwave the chocolate until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds, for about 1 minute.
- 5Combine the almonds and cookies in processor.
- 6Pulse until the almonds and cookies are finely ground.
- 7Transfer the nut mixture to a medium bowl.
- 8Add the butter and sugar to the processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- 9Add the grated orange peel and pulse briefly, until incorporated.
- 10Add the eggs 1 at a time.
- 11Blend until the eggs are incorporated.
- 12Clean the sides of the mixing bowl and blend again.
- 13Add the nut mixture and melted chocolate.
- 14Pulse until blended.
- 15Clean the sides of the bowl.
- 16Blend again.
- 17Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 18Bake until the center puffs and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- 19Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
- 20Transfer the cake to a platter.
- 21Sift the cocoa powder over and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Amaretti Cake
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.7
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 324.2 mg
- Sodium 94.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: