Recipe by FlemishMinx
This makes a not-too-sweet quickbread that is a perfect snack with a cup of coffee or tea. Also nice for breakfast with a dab of butter.
Top Review by Trisha W
Very enjoyable! You could definately smell the chocolate as it baked - but was not as sweet as a cake. The zucchinni taste was mild. I believe this was healthy as well as tasty. Thanks for a good bread.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced or slivers
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Oil two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Beat eggs until lemon-colored.
- Add sugar and oil, and beat just until well incorporated.
- Melt chocolate in a pan over hot water.
- Cool slightly, then stir into the egg mixture.
- Add vanilla and zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add this to the zucchini mixture and stir well.
- Add the almonds and stir until the batter is completely mixed.
- Evenly divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes away cleanly.
- Cool in pans 20 minutes, then turn out onto a rack.
- Cool thoroughly before slicing.