Recipe by Abby Girl
This ice cream dessert makes up fast and easy...but is certainly decadent! Serve with fresh strawberries if desired...or drizzle with chocolate/raspberry sauce. Time does not include chilling or freezing time. Update: I have made this recipe several times but have made some changes that I think will make it better (see below).
- 1 (284 ml) can chocolate syrup
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, crushed (or Almond Roca candies) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate syrup, cream, condensed milk and vanilla. Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Whip until fluffy mixture forms soft peaks.
- Update: The original recipe said to serve the velvet cream in muffin cups. There is enough velvet to make up 24+ muffin cups, but it ends up melting too fast.
- My recommendations is to either serve this in small ramekin dishes or to place the whole recipe in a large container and serve it up like ice cream.
- I left the nuts in the recipe, but they tend to drop to the bottom of the dish. So you can add some nuts to the bottom of each dish and add the velvet on top. Unless you are a big fan of Almond Roca -- adding this is a wonderful combination, but it brings the expense of the dish up way too high (over $10.00).
- This makes up A LOT. You may want to consider cutting the recipe in half. With a weight scale measure out the ingredients and proceed from there.
- As the velvet does not freeze completely solid, serve immediately, as it melts quickly.