- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend sugar and melted butter together in a medium size mixing bowl. Beat in eggs. Stir in salt and flour mixing until well blended.
- Spread batter in a greased 9" round cake pan.
- Sprinkle batter with chocolate chips, then almonds, and finally the sugar.
- Press lightly with the fingers to push toppings into the batter a little way.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting into 16 wedges.