Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A perfect treat for the holidays! This recipe is fun to make and you will need a candy thermometer.
Make and share this Chocolate Almond Toffee recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup almonds (coarsely chopped, roasted, no salt)
- 16 ounces dark chocolate (I use Wilton's 14 oz bag of Dark Cocoa Candy Melts) or 16 ounces milk chocolate (I use Wilton's 14 oz bag of Dark Cocoa Candy Melts)
- 1 cup almonds (finely chopped, roasted, no salt)
- Melt margarine in a heavy 2-quart pan. Add sugar, syrup and water. Cook, stirring often, to hard crack stage, 300 degrees (watch carefully after 280 degrees).
- Quickly stir in coarsely chopped almonds.
- Spread mixture in well greased 13x9x2 pan. Allow toffee to harden for about 5 minutes. Place chocolate evenly over toffee. After chocolate melts, spread evenly over toffee. Sprinkle finely chopped almonds on top of chocolate.
- DO NOT refrigerate. Cool at room temperature.
- Chop into pieces with knife and enjoy!
- Note - It is important that you do not refrigerate before breaking into small pieces because the toffee will separate from the chocolate (i'm speaking from experience!).