1/2 Photos of Chocolate & Almond Tart With Meringue Top
1 hr 10 mins
Don't be put off by the number of ingredients and stages, it isn't really all that difficult and the results really are worth the effort. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2Blind back the Pastry in a 10” flan tin for 10mins. Making sure to prick it all over first so that it doesn’t rise. Use baking beans if you have them or rice works well too.
- 3Soften Butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- 4Whisk in 75g Sugar until pale in colour.
- 5Whisk in Egg Yolks and one whole Egg. Keep egg whites in a perfectly clean separate bowl for later.
- 6Add Vanilla extract to Milk and stir into butter and sugar mixture.
- 7Sift Cocoa with Almond Flour into the mix and continue to whisk.
- 8Pour mixture, which should feel a little grainy in texture, into the pastry case and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the tart is cooked through.
- 9While the tart is baking, whisk the Egg Whites with a pinch of salt until stiff to make meringue.
- 10Whisk in Cider Vinegar and slowly add the rest of the Sugar, whisking all the time.
- 11Ten minutes before the end of cooking time, top the tart with the meringue and continue cooking until the meringue is lightly golden.
- 12Sprinkle with toasted Almonds to finish.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate & Almond Tart With Meringue Top
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 193.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g