Recipe by *Z*
This is an adopted recipe. I will post an introduction after I make it.
Top Review by annchase60
These scones were a nice change of pace to our regular breakfasts, and we really loved them. I used a little less almond extract, so it wouldn't overpower the taste of the real almonds. Results were in from the peanut gallery after breakfast and they all loved them.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter, cold
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until it resembles course meal.
- Add 2 eggs (1 egg is reserved for later use), almond extract and cream.
- Stir until soft dough forms; mix in chocolate chips and toasted almonds.
- Pat out dough until 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into diamond shape; brush with reserved egg.
- Place on baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.