Top Review by Manami
I used this on a recipe for Frangipane Pithivier and instead of coarsely chopping the almonds - I split the quantity and used one half finely chopped in the sauce and the other half unchopped as a garnish. It loaned a bit of "royalty" to the dessert and it ended a lovely meal in style. Thank you for posting Dancer, really great! Diane
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel (1/2 of a 12 oz pkg)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur (Amaretto)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-gauge saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate morsels, cream, butter and salt, stirring until smooth; remove from heat. Stir in almonds and liqueur; cool slightly.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Reheating Sauce: Reheat sauce over low heat, stirring until smooth.