Recipe by KelBel
This is a great, moist cake. Perfect as a base for cherries or berries. Makes a square pan or 6 Texas Sized Muffins, perfect for a small family or couple.
Top Review by Redsie
This is perfect when you have company at the last minute!! Made this cake for a co-worker's 40th birthday. Took me 5 minutes to make and voila!! I used low-fat cottage cheese as I didn't have any ricotta - will try again with ricotta!! My co-workers enjoyed this cake! Thanks KelBel!
- 1 (9 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (jiffy)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9x9 or 6 jumbo muffin pan.
- Mix cake mix, egg and water together and pour into prepared pan.
- Mix ricotta, almond extract and sugar until well blended with hand mixer.
- Place by spoonfuls on top of batter as close together and evenly as possible, or 2 tablespoons into each muffin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with berries or cherries.