1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is just terrific- everyone who has tried it has just raved! There's something about the spice combination that makes this bread unlike any other I've tried. This is my husband's absolute fall favorite. It freezes well, too, if you happen to be able to snatch one of the loaves from the folks eating it. The recipe originally came from a friend, Barbie, who died much too young. I think of her each time I make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped almonds
- 1Combine dry ingredients in a large mixer bowl (excluding the chocolate chips and nuts).
- 2Add the water, eggs, oil and pumpkin; beat until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- 3Stir in chocolate chips and nuts until well distributed.
- 4Line two bread pans with foil and oil the foil.
- 5Divide the batter between the pans and smooth the tops.
- 6Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 7Test for doneness with a wooden pick.
- 8Cool on a rack for about ten minutes before removing from the pan to finish cooling.
- 9This keeps best in the refrigerator, and slices easiest when cold.
- 10Hard to wait for this, though!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Almond Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 170.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g