Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious served with fruit, especially strawberries.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- fresh strawberries
- poundcake, pieces for garnish
- cheesecake, pieces for garnish
- cookie, for garnish
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking until combined.
- Cook until the mixture boils and begins to thicken.
- Add the chocolate.
- Temper the egg yolk with some of the chocolate mixture and pour the yolk into the saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until smooth and thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with fresh strawberries, pound cake chunks, cheesecake chunks, and cookies.