Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
I found this recipe in the Coastal Journal while vacationing in Maine. It looks great and super-easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 1/2 cups chopped almonds, divided
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1Coat two (9x5x3 inch) loaf pans with shortening and dust with unsweetened cocoa powder, tapping out excess.
- 2Place 1 cup of the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a preheated 350 degree oven for 7-8 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden brown.
- 4FOR THE CAKE:
- 5In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed with electric mixer for 4 minutes.
- 6Add mini chocolate chips and the 1 cup of toasted almonds and stir well.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pans; sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of untoasted almonds on the top.
- 8Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- 9Place pans on wire racks and let cool for 15 minutes before turning cakes out to cool completely.
- 10FOR GLAZE:.
- 11In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of milk, stirring until smooth.
- 12Add remaining teaspoons of milk if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- 13Drizzle over cooled cakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Almond Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3333.1
- Calories from Fat 1896
- Total Fat 210.6 g
- Saturated Fat 53.5 g
- Cholesterol 474.3 mg
- Sodium 3406.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 343.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.3 g
- Sugars 207.7 g
- Protein 59.2 g