Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Looking for a fabulous dessert? Great suggestion for a dinner party! From Bon Appetit
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cinnamon pastry crust, chilled (see recipe I posted, Cinnamon Pastry Crust)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Stir bittersweet chocolate and unsalted butter in large metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth.
- Remove bowl from over water.
- Mix in dark corn syrup and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt.
- Stir in toasted almonds.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake pie until filling is set around edges but moves slightly in center when pie is gently shaken and crust is golden brown, tenting pie with foil if crust browns too quickly, about 1 hour.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 8 servings.