Recipe by Elly in Canada
A very rich, no-bake pie. Easily prepared in a food processor. It is best to make this pie several hours in advance, I prefer to chill it overnight. Add the whipped cream and garnish just before serving.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar (for a bitter sweet taste, add more if you prefer a sweeter filling)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- whipped cream, to garnish
- grated chocolate, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend crumbs into melted butter with sugar.
- Pat into bottom and partly up the sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Set aside until cooled.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Blend in coffee and brandy.
- Remove from heat.
- In bowl of food processor, blend butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time; then add the melted chocolate mixture and ground almonds.
- Process until blended.
- Pour filling into prepared shell.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- Garnish with mounds of whipped cream, sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Note: chilling time not included in prep/bake time.