Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is truly swoon worthy! The ultimate dessert and so easy to make. No baking dish to clean up, either. AND it can be grilled or baked in the oven. Rave reviews from your family and guests, guaranteed! We love to cook fruity desserts on the grill and I'm always coming up with new recipe ideas. This one was inspired by an apple crisp I've been making for years, and can be baked in the oven as well.
- 8 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 236.59 ml oats
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml almonds, crushed
- 59.14 ml flour
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml butter, chilled
- 473.18 ml dark chocolate chips
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Place two 1-foot by 2-feet sheets of heavy duty Reynolds Wrap on a work surface, one atop the other to double the thickness. Place sliced pears in center of foil. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In bowl of electric mixer, stir oats, brown sugar, almonds, flour, and cinnamon. Beat in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips, then spoon over pears.
- Bring up sides of foil to form a sealed pouch. Place in covered grill over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, or bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Open pouch and spoon dessert into serving dishes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Serves 6.