Recipe by LonghornMama
From Pearl Organic Soymilk. Super easy, cool and creamy dessert. I found the chocolate flavor to be VERY mild; however, the kids absolutely inhaled it, and I love a healthy dessert! Posted the recipe as stated but I used five custard cups and served without removing from the cups. Fresh berries make a nice side.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 1⁄3 cups chocolate soymilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water in mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine soymilk and sugar in small saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally over medium-high heat until mixture starts to boil; gradually whisk into gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Stir in almond extract.
- Pour into four 6-oz custard cups or ramekins. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. To serve, run knife along edge of custard cups and invert onto individual serving plates.