Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cold, Crunchy, Completely Satisfying.
Make and share this Chocolate Almond Meringue Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup finely ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 pint ice cream (Tofutti-soy-chocolate almond bark)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chopped or chips)
- 6 ounces vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 2 ounces almonds, sliced and toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
- Set Ice Cream or Dairy-free frozen dessert out to soften slightly.
- Process first three ingredients until finely mixed.
- Whip egg whites and sugar to stiff peaks.
- Fold almond mix into the egg whites.
- Spread onto parchment-lined baking sheets, forming two circles, approximately 9" round and 1/4-1/2" thick.
- Bake until firm (check after 20 minutes). Cool.
- Set one meringue on a plate and spread soft ice cream over it. Top with second meringue and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat Soy milk to a simmer, and pull off of the heat. Stir in finely chopped chocolate or chips. Stir vigorously until this mixture is thick, slightly cooled and glossy (about 5 minutes).
- Pour Chocolate sauce over frozen ice cream cake, sprinkle the edge with the almonds and place back in freezer until ready to serve.