Recipe by ~In*Memory*of*Brats~
These are great cookies! Full of flavor and irresistable. In Italy these are called "Amaretti di Cioccolata". This is one of my favorite cookie recipies. Second only to the all mighty Pignoli Cookie!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs almond paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Break Almond Paste into pebble-like pieces Combine all ingredients EXCEPT ALMOND SLICES in electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Increase to medium speed and mix for 2 minutes.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Have a bowl of water close by to dip your fingers in to keep dough from sticking to your hands while rolling.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls Roll dough balls into almond slices Place balls on a parchment lined (I prefer Silpat) cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Lightly flatten tops of cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave on parchment until completely cooled.
- Remove with metal spatula.