Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my all-time favorite Passover cookies.
- 8 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 2/3 ounce) cupchopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually beat in the cocoa, confectioners sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Gently fold in the ground almonds.
- Drop the mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheet, leaving a 2-inch space between each macaroon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until macaroons are very lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet until macaroons are firm.
Good chocolate cookie, not to sweet.
Great cookie! Made it for a friend who was dairy and gluten intolerant. Made half a recipe and substituted flaked coconut (1 1/2 cups for the reduced recipe) instead of almonds. It turned out great. Everyone loved them! I'm looking forward to making them again with the almonds. Thanks!
I made these too. We had four varieties this year. Loved the almond and chocolate flavors together. I watch for your recipes. Thanks for adding to the site!