Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A quick and tasty ice cream topping. Perfect for summer time ice cream socials.
Top Review by PaulaG
Really a quick fix topping. Thanks to Food.com the recipe can be adjusted as needed. I did make a reduced amount. Served it over brownie ice cream sundaes for an indulgent dessert. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and butter to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; add the chocolate chips and almond extract.
- Whisk until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Goes well with bananas, or toasted coconut.