Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and tasty ice cream topping. Perfect for summer time ice cream socials.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and butter to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; add the chocolate chips and almond extract.
- Whisk until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Goes well with bananas, or toasted coconut.
Really a quick fix topping. Thanks to Food.com the recipe can be adjusted as needed. I did make a reduced amount. Served it over brownie ice cream sundaes for an indulgent dessert. Made for Aussie Swap.
Reviewed for April Recipe Swap in the Aus/NZ forum. An easy to make sauce that was terrific on our ice-cream. The only problem we had was not being able to wait long enough for the sauce to cool down . Photo also being posted
Oh yum, oh yum, oh yum! Seven of us gave this amazing sauce a test drive. Don't change a thing -- unless you need to make a double, triple or quadruple batch. That said, if you want to, I suppose you could replace the almond with some other extract flavour. It's nice to have a from-scratch recipe for an item you usually buy ready-made. Thanks very much for posting.