Recipe by Marie
Just found this recipe and it sounds so good. I have been wanting to buy an ice cream maker and this is a good reason to do so now. This is DH's favorite ice cream and I can't wait to make it for him. Freeze time varies according to the manufacturer of your ice cream machine. Recipe from Southern Living.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Wonderful! I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk, 2% evaporated milk and 1% chocolate milk and still got a rich, creamy ice cream. Used the Cuisinart and it was full to the top but still worked well. Stirred some marshmallows into a small portion for rocky road which was nice, too. Thanks, Marie, for a great recipe!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole chocolate milk
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 3⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl until blended.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1 quart ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove container with ice cream from ice cream maker and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Stir almonds into prepared ice cream.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.