Recipe by Debbwl
This is another quick, cool and healthy summer treat that is low fat and dairy free. I like to break my over ripe bananas into chucks before freezing them so that they are ready to go when making banana bread or ice cream. The prep time will depend on your food processer, mine only takes about 2 - 4 minutes, bananas should be frozen sold (like overnight).
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (I like dark cocoa power but you could use regular cocoa powder)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place banana, cocoa, honey and vanilla extract in a food processor and allow the motor to run until it’s smooth and creamy. Stop and break up large clumps with a spatula as needed.
- Top with toasted almonds, make sure they are cooled as you wouldn't want to melt your ice cream.
- **Tips: Can easily double.
- **If you are not going to eat right away put in freezer safe container with a lid being sure to stir every hour or so to keep it from getting too icy.