1/2 Photos of Chocolate Almond Hay Stacks
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Do you love chocolate? almonds? Then you'll love these cookies. The recipe comes from a Christmas edition magazine and was originally in German.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Place almond slivers on your work surface and cover with a damp towel.
- 3Allow almonds to absorb moisture for a few minutes.
- 4Prepare a baking sheet with bakers parchment paper (or aluminum foil).
- 5In a mixing bowl, combine the almonds and the powdered sugar.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 10Melt chocolate in a double boiler (or place a metal pot into a larger pot of hot water).
- 11Heat chocolate to a temperature of 37°C, then allow it to cool to 32°C.
- 12Mix the almond mixture into the chocolate.
- 13With a teaspoon, make about 55 portions and place on a cold, parchment paper lined, baking sheet.
- 14Allow almond mixture to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Almond Hay Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (880 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate wafers