Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Do you love chocolate? almonds? Then you'll love these cookies. The recipe comes from a Christmas edition magazine and was originally in German.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Dreamer - this are tasty little treats. I had a bit of a problem converting the powdered sugar to US measurements so I think I had too much but after I sifted off that extra - everything else turned out well. I did not have baking wafers but used cacao baking squares and estimated it a 7 ounces. They are very simple to prepare and will make great gifts for me to wrap up and give to neighbors and friends for the holidays. Made for Photo Tag game.
- 400 g slivered almonds
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate wafers (baking wafers) or 200 g milk chocolate wafers (baking wafers) or 200 g white chocolate wafers (baking wafers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place almond slivers on your work surface and cover with a damp towel.
- Allow almonds to absorb moisture for a few minutes.
- Prepare a baking sheet with bakers parchment paper (or aluminum foil).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almonds and the powdered sugar.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler (or place a metal pot into a larger pot of hot water).
- Heat chocolate to a temperature of 37°C, then allow it to cool to 32°C.
- Mix the almond mixture into the chocolate.
- With a teaspoon, make about 55 portions and place on a cold, parchment paper lined, baking sheet.
- Allow almond mixture to cool.