Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I can't eat peanut butter but love chocolate fudge and love almond butter, so I thought I'd combine them. You can easily double or halve the recipe.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (or milk or evaporated milk)
- 4 ounces mini marshmallows (approx. 2 cups)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- In medium saucepan, mix both sugars, butter and half-and-half.
- Boil approximately 5 or 6 minutes or until it reaches softball stage.
- Remove from heat and immediately add remaining ingredients, beating until marshmallows are incorporated.
- Pour into 8" pan and let cool.
- Cut into squares.
I thought about halving this recipe, what with just 2 of us here, but quickly decided to share it with others! So, having made the whole batch, I sent 2/3 of it off with my other half to share at a weekly meeting he attends! According to him it disappeared so fast, he had to come back home to get his first taste of it! Very, very nice tasting, too, it was! Many thanks! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]