Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like to give these chocolate tipped butter cookies for holiday gifts.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ground blanched almond
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in flavorings.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. Sift powdered sugar lightly over work surface. Shape 1 tbls. dough into a 2 1/2-inch log; repeat with remaining dough. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush each cookie log with egg white, and lightly sprinkle with almonds, reserving remaining almonds. Bake at 400F for 9 to 10 minutes or until barely browned. Remove cookies to wore racks to cool completely.
- Dip ends of cookies in melted chocolate, covering about 1/2 ich on each end. Sprinkle ends with remaining almonds. Place cookies on wire racks until chocolate is firm.