Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
It could be the 9th wonder of the world - its going to make all those calorie conscious guys n girls also take a plunge! My friends love this creation and so does my family!!! Seeing how much they love it, I guess soon a time will come when they won''t let me enter a party without this cake in hand!!!
- 200 g butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 120 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 g ground almonds
- 100 g baking chocolate
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites until smooth.
- Fold in sieved flour, ground almonds, egg whites and the melted cooking chocolate.
- Bake in a loaf tin for 350 degrees Fahrenhit or 180 degrees celcius for about 30 minutes.
- For the topping, melt 200g cooking chocolate over hot water and pour onto cake.
- Decorate with almond flakes and cherries.