Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so good, and can be used with pies and cheesecakes. Try to use toasted whole almonds for this it really makes a huge difference in the taste, I make a triple recipe, divide into three equal potions, use one and then freeze the other two in freezer bags to have ready for when I need it for a recipe. This crust is well worth making.
- 3⁄4 cup whole almond (preferably toasted)
- 20 thin chocolate wafer cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (can use more for a sweeter taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Process almonds and wafers in a processor until fine crumbs form.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and process until combined.
- Press into 8 or 9-inch pie plate, or a 9-inch springform baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven (second-lowest rack) for 10 minutes.