Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Sunset Magazine (May 2005)
Make and share this Chocolate Almond Croissants recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 ounces almond paste, shredded to make 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate (about 1 ounce) or 1⁄4 cup bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (about 1 ounce)
- 4 plain croissants
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir almond paste and melted butter to form a soft paste.
- Slice open 4 fresh croissants.
- Spread almond paste mixture equally on cut sides of bottom halves, then sprinkle chocolate equally over almond paste.
- Replace tops.
- Set croissants on a baking sheet and bake until chocolate starts to melt, 5 to 7 minutes.