1/1 Photo of Chocolate Almond Crisps
Jenny Sanders's Note:
This is a traditional Christmas favourite in our household. I make them in conjunction with Eggnog Shorties, which use up the egg yolks and also provide an excellent contrast in flavour and texture. These are not the most beautiful of cookies; they tend to come out mottled by the icing sugar used to roll them out, and to puff somewhat unevenly. So, just close your eyes as you munch. Mmmmmm.....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Line a couple of cookie trays with parchment paper.
- 3In a food processor, process the almonds with the sugar until finely ground.
- 4Add the cocoa, spices and broken up chocolate and process again, until the chocolate is finely ground.
- 5Process in the egg whites and the extract until it blends and forms a mass.
- 6Remove the dough, let sit for about 5 minutes.
- 7Roll out on a board sprinkled with icing sugar.
- 8Cut with cookie cutters and place on the trays.
- 9Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until almost firm and slightly puffed; they should not be browned.
- 10Let cool then peel from the paper.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Almond Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (652 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g