Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't know where I got this recipe, I think I picked it up for my teens to try (I don't like cold coffee). It seems like a good alternative to the high priced drinks at our local coffee stands. When making coffee in the morning, refrigerate the leftovers to make this later in the day.
- Place black coffee, milk, ice cream, almond extract and crushed ice in blender jar. Add sugar or sugar substitute only if desired,(The taste is quite sweet without it!)
- With blender lid securely closed, pulse blender until mixture is smooth. If blades get stuck, add a little more milk.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of chocolate syrup into the bottom of each glass. (This makes the drink look and taste even more delectable.)
- Divide the coffee frappe between your glasses and dust with cinnamon. Serve immediately!
- Variation: Use Vanilla Ice Cream with Vanilla extract.
- *Milk options: whole milk, skim milk, soy milk, etc.
- Optional Extras:.
- Extra scoops of ice cream, for garnish.
- Whipped cream, for topping.
- For adults an added Tbls or two of Godiva Liqueur, Amaretto, or Kaluha would be tasty.
This was toooo goood! I made this for Culinary Quest 2014 for breackfast (no alcohol addition!) and I would like to prepare this more often.<br/>I made the chocolate syrup myself and I used on the bottom of the glass and over the extra whipped cream as well.<br/>I prepared this only for myself in a high plastic bowl using the hand blender. <br/>Thanks a lot for this winner!
Terrific frappe. I enjoyed this creamy, cold coffee, chocolate treat very much. It was quick and really easy to make with excellent results. I garnished this with 1 small scoop of vanilla ice cream, a squirt of whipped cream and a good sprinkling of cinnamon. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely frappe. I made this for Culinary Quest 2014 for the Suitcase Gourmets.
Super yummy. I really enjoyed this. I opted for the whipped cream on top, and sprinkling cinnamon on top of the whipped cream contributed a lot of flavor. But the drink was very good all by itself, too. It was a very nice beverage that we really enjoyed. Thanks, momaphet. Made for 2014 Culinary Quest (South America).