Recipe by Lori Bailey
This recipe is from Nestle Very Best Baking. It is so good. I love having this with my evening coffee on Saturday Nights.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) packagenestle toll house semi-sweet chocolate bits, divided
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, honey and almond extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in 1 cup morsels.
- Divide batter into prepared cake pans.
- In medium bowl add brown sugar and cut in butter or margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in sliced almonds and 1/2 cup morsels.
- sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup morsels, butter or margarine and milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over coffeecake.