Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Combine crumbs, powdered sugar and melted butter in an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; combine mixture thoroughly.
- Press on bottom of pan to form a crust.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl beat together egg, sugar, flour, salt and vanilla.
- With a spoon stir in coconut and chopped almonds.
- Spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Over hot water melt together, chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons butter until smooth.
- "Spread over baked and cooled cookie.
- To set the chocolate place in refrigerator until chocolate is firm.
- You can also place in the freezer for 10 minutes for a quick set.
- Cut cookie in 5 widths in both directions.
- Makes 25 squares, a cross between cookie and candy.