Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is genius! It is creamy, indulgent and still on the healthy side. YUM! This tastes best after it has had time to chill, so plan ahead. Im sure it would make a great breakfast, too. ;)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (all natural, no sugar, no oil)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (I did not need this)
- 200 g cottage cheese
- 30 g cream cheese (roughly 2 tbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Blend everything together using a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and chill for a couple of hours or overnight. Allow to come to room temp before serving.
- Enjoy and feel great!
Thick, creamy, flavorful and easy! A bit too high in fat to have often, but as a special treat it is great. I did cut the fat a bit by using lowfat cottage cheese and Neufchâtel cheese instead of cream cheese. I also replaced the Splenda (don't like it) with agave nectar. I had to add a bit of water to thin it out while blending, but once it sat in the refrigerator it thickened up nicely.