Recipe by jonesies
This is a velvety, amaretto-laced cheesecake taken from the Southern Living "Low-Fat, Low-Calorie" cookbook. Note: cooking time does not include at least 8 hours of refrigeration.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate graham cracker (teddy bear shaped cookies, finely crushed)
- 1 (12 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese (1%)
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced and lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle half of crushed cookies over bottom of pan.
- Process cottage cheese in an electric blender 2 to 3 minutes or until very smooth, scraping sides often; set aside.
- Sift cocoa and flour together; set aside.
- Beat cream cheeses in a large bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer 10 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended.
- Add cottage cheese; beat 1 minute.
- Add cocoa mixture; beat 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add amaretto and next 3 ingredients; beat 1 minute or until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 300 degrees for 55 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies.
- Run a knife around edge of pan; cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- To serve, remove sides of pan; place cheesecake on a plate. Pipe or dollop whipped topping around edge, decorate with almonds.