Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Chocolate Almond Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- milk chocolate kiss, unblanched
- 1 whole almonds
- additional whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, almonds and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and 1 3/4 inches up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature, about 6 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and almonds extract until smooth.
- Beat in melted chocolate and gelatin mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into crust.
- Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with chocolate kisses, almonds and additional whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This is a FANTASTIC cheesecake! It is the exact same as the one I made from my Tastes of Home cookbook a few years ago. I had never even made a cheesecake before and it turned out just like their picture! And everyone raved about it! I am planning on making it again soon so I may come and post a pic of it when I do as well as tips or whatever else...
great cheesecake if you like cheesecake like i do go to her site she has them in their own cookbook shes so organized thanks for posting dee