Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted by request. Adapted from a Paula Deen recipe. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 20 large marshmallows
- 4 (170.09 g) milk chocolate candy bars with almonds (such as Hershey's)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 8 inch prepared graham cracker crusts
- sweetened whipped cream, to garnish (or use homemade)
- chocolate shavings, to garnish
- Melt marshmallows together with milk and broken up chocolate bars in a the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, stirring constantly.
- Once smooth, remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form, then fold gently into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spread into pie shell and chill.
- Serve topped with mounds of sweetened whipped cream and garnish with shaved chocolate, if desired.
darlene says this recipe is very good
This is excellent. I followed the recipe perfectly the first couple of times. Now I just make it on the stove top without the double boiler (I'm impatient) it works perfectly for me, I also just use cool whip because my family prefers it. This pie disappears in my house withen two days every single time I make it. I took one to Thanksgiving and by the end of the day it was the only pie that was completely gone!!! It even beat out the pumpkin and apple pie's! I've also had several requests for the recipe. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!!!