Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had theese at a cookie swap. They were delicous. Thought I would share.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sifted cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups very finely chopped almonds
- 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate (chopped) or 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine flour, salt and cocoa. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and almonds. Mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Chill dough several hours.
- Using 2 heaping measuring teaspoons for each cookie, shape dough into crescents. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350° F for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- To decorate, melt chocolate over low heat. Dip half of the cookie into melted chocolate and let cool on wax paper. Cover dipped end with wax paper and sprinkle remaining cookie half with powdered sugar.