Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I never tried this. I found it a while back and it sounded tasty 8)
Make and share this Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in a heavy 3-liter saucepan on low heat.
- Add the sugar, corn syrup and water; cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until it reaches hard crack stage, 300° on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and the almonds.
- Spread into a buttered 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- When chocolate is melted, spread evenly over candy.
- Let cool completely, and when chocolate is set, break into pieces.
We've been making this for years and I'm addicted to it. I use some of the almonds to sprinkle on top of the chocolate and I spread chocolate on both sides of the candy.