- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped toasted almonds
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy 3-liter saucepan on low heat.
- Add the sugar, corn syrup and water; cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until it reaches hard crack stage, 300° on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and the almonds.
- Spread into a buttered 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- When chocolate is melted, spread evenly over candy.
- Let cool completely, and when chocolate is set, break into pieces.