I never tried this. I found it a while back and it sounded tasty 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy 3-liter saucepan on low heat.
- 2Add the sugar, corn syrup and water; cook over medium heat.
- 3Stir constantly until it reaches hard crack stage, 300° on candy thermometer.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and the almonds.
- 5Spread into a buttered 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 6Let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 8When chocolate is melted, spread evenly over candy.
- 9Let cool completely, and when chocolate is set, break into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (1000 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 67.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g