I got this out of a kitchenaid mixer cookbook. My kids have one thing to say about it...YUMM-MY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 ounce) semisweet baking chocolate square
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1Melt chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 2Place egg whites in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip to mixer. Turn to speed 8 and whip one to two minutes until stiff peaks form. Place egg whites in another bowl. Clean mixer bowl and wire whip.
- 3Place chocolate mixture, sugar, and almond extract in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 4 and beat about one minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Continuing on speed 4, add egg yolks, one at a time, beating about 30 seconds after each addition. Continuing on speed 4, add flour and beat about fifteen seconds. Gently fold egg whites with spatula.
- 4Spoon batter into 8-inch springform pan that has been greased and floured on bottom only.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until set in center. Cool completely on wire rack before glazing. Clean mixer bowl.
- 6To make glaze, melt chocolate and shortening in small saucepan over low heat, stirring to blend. Drizzle over cool cake.
- 7To make topping, place cream, powdered sugar, and almond extract in mixer bowl. Attach wire whip and bowl to mixer. Turn to speed 10 and whip 30-60 seconds, or until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream in ring over top of cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Almond Brownie Cake- Kitchenaid Mixer
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 58.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g