Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great gift in a pretty jar or tin.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 lb dark chocolate confectionary coating or 3⁄4 lb milk chocolate confectionary coating
- In a 1 1/2 quart microwavable bowl,combine sugar,corn syrup and salt.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in almonds,microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the butter and vanilla,microwave on high for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda.
- AS sson as mixture foams,quickly pour onto a greased metal baking sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Break into 2 inch pieces.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Dip one side of brittle in chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden.
I tried this recipe over the holidays and everyone I shared it with said it was the best brittle they ever had and requested second batches.Thanks for the great recipe.