Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
These twiced baked cookies are some of my favorite, there great as is or dunk them in your coffee or tea. These are my moms favorite cookies and she doesn't even drink coffee. I bake them on parchment paper nothing sticks to it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Pfeheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixer, beat butter and sugar untill well mixed.Add eggs and almond extract; beat untill smooth. In seperate bowl mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; Blend butter and cocoa mixture together; mix untill smooth(dough will be very thick). remove bowl from mixer and stir in almonds. Divide dough in half and with lightly floured hands shape each half into rectangular logs about 11'' long. place about 2'' apart from each other. Bake 30 min or untill logs are set, remove from oven and let cool for 15 minute With a serated knife cut 3/4'' slices diagnally. return to cookie sheet, cut side down and continue baking for 8-9 min turn over and bake another 8-9 minute Remove from oven and allow to cool. melt semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle over cookies repeat with white chocolate.
Great recipe! I made the biscotti along with another recipe ("American-Style Vanilla Biscotti") and found these a little harder to work with... Still, it was worth the effort because everyone said that they were a hit.
this is the first biscotti I've ever made or eaten, and it was impressive! not hard to make and not time consuming either. Definately a chocolate lover's choice! thank you for sharing, I am sending some to my family for suprise treats! Made for Spring PAC 09.